Check out these elegant winter inspired gowns. Go for something long in length, with a high shine or sheen, and maybe even long sleeves.
1. J.Mendel Ruffle-Bust Mermaid Gown, $6,900, available at Neiman Marcus.
2. Rodarte For Opening Ceremony High Neck Maxi Dress, $1,035, available at Opening Ceremony.
3. Alberta Ferretti Lace-Trimmed Silk-Chiffon Gown, $6,895, available at Net-A-Porter.
4. Nightcap Clothing Victorian Lace Cap Sleeve Dress, $640, available at Shopbop.
5. Alice by Temperley Evelyn Tulle Mini Dress, $615, available at MyTheresa.
6. T by Alexander Wang Panne Velvet Cami Long Dress, $335, available at Alexander Wang.
7. J. Crew Duchesse satin Noelle gown, $2,500, available at J.Crew.
8.Thakoon Double Georgette V-Neck Gown, $1,490, available at La Garconne.
source: ruffledblog.com, oncewed.com, pinterest, stylemepretty.com
Want some fun at your wedding? Here are some fun things your guests can do during, before and after the reception:
1. I love the idea of bars--icecream bars, sweet potato bars, candy bars...alcoholic bars..
2. Set-up a cute photobooth. Use a fun backdrop and add props your guests can use.
3. Leave something to do while your guests are waiting to get their food, like a suggestions notepad featured above, or maybe a mad-lib.
5. Have fun with your guest book! Include a polaroid camera, postcards, or maybe thumprint messages.
1. Forest Wedding: if your wedding is an enchanting forest theme, choose center pieces that are
twigs, moss, branches, and wild flowers. Use candles! And make sure all your bridesmaids have
flower wreathes in their hair.
2. Retro Mad Men Wedding: Corsages and lace. When your walking down the aisle, don't forget your lace gloves,
and your make-up inspiration should be Betty Draper.
3. Johnny Cash & June Carter: your wedding is retro and rock. Create a retro photobooth for your guests
with rock accessories and make your guitar case a place for to put all of your guests' notes. (The music will be an easy choice!)
4. Tuscan-Style: Bright, bright colors! What you need: wooden chairs, iron candle holders, and lots of wine.
5. Nashville Country wedding: Your southern style home is your backdrop. Picture white tents, sweet tea, and hydrangeas.
6. Vintage-Rustic: I love the idea of old cake stands, doily place settings, and vintage tins.
Getting ready to put together an invite? Make sure you send them out at least six weeks before the wedding date.
RSVP cards should have an RSVP date at least 3 weeks before the date and there are various other rules
when it comes to wedding invite etiquette. Check out The Knot's Q&A here. If you're planning on getting
them personally designed, make sure you give the designer a good 2 months before you want to mail them.
Things to include are:
- RSVP card
- Info about ceremony, reception
- Details about hotels and registry
Fall weddings bring the best weather and some of the best colors! Choose rustic colors like orange, browns, and greens, and accent your table with
cool blues or whites. I love the idea of lace and burlap textures, especially if your wedding is taking place outdoors. Instead of flower arrangements,
you can decide on fall arrangements like branches, leaves, and decorative stones.
- Try packing some seeds of your favorite flower into a cute burlap sack, add
personlization by stamping it with bride & groom initials and tying colored ribbons to match your wedding.
- Like S'mores?? Make a s'mores kit in a vintage-y jar or mason jar, paint with individual guests'
name or just tie together with some straw :)
- Bottle some of your favorite fizzy drink or homead lemonade, and label it with your
personal wedding signature. Place it out in a cute carrier for guests to grab during the ceremony!
- Cake pops OR marshmallow pops?! Adds a colorful tasty element to your guests' tables, or display on
the dessert table during the reception.
- Bubbles instead of rice? Package it int in a cute sterling silver case and tie bright colorful bubble wands.
- (My personal favorite!) If your'e a coffee drinker OR a tea drinker, create a mug stand and collect
vintage or antique mugs for your guests to take home!
- Plants as place settings or plants as wedding favors! (or both!)
- Strawberry cheesecake in a jar. YUM.
Top, Left to Right: JCrew, Zara, ASOS, BHLDN
Bottom, Left to Right: BHLDN, ASOS, Zara, JCrew
Get some Bridal Inspiration with these 8 affordable looks:
- If your wedding is in the winter, try a long grecian look
- Pleats and drapes can add an element of interest
- Vibrant jewel tones create a wonderful backdrop to a white/cream wedding gown
- Lace adds a feminine and wintery touch
- Choose a print for the playful bridal party
- OR let your bridesmaids choose different styles in the same shade
It's fall wedding season!
1. This season is all about bold lips OR bold eyes, especially now that weddings are happening in the evening.
2. If you have a color theme to your wedding, apply a little bit of the same color shade to your eyes, either on the lid or below the lid.
3. If your wedding is at night, try more sparkle to the inner eye and apply a darker kohl shade to your eyes.
4. If it's in the day, try a more natural look with browns and greens on your eye, but with warmer tones, and definitely play up your rosy cheeks!
5. And if you're at loss, RED LIPS are always a good bet. THIS color looks good on EVERYONE and since it's a pencil matte,
you won't have to worry about it coming off or uneven application.