Fall weddings bring the best weather and some of the best colors! Choose rustic colors like orange, browns, and greens, and accent your table with
cool blues or whites. I love the idea of lace and burlap textures, especially if your wedding is taking place outdoors. Instead of flower arrangements,
you can decide on fall arrangements like branches, leaves, and decorative stones.
- Try packing some seeds of your favorite flower into a cute burlap sack, add
personlization by stamping it with bride & groom initials and tying colored ribbons to match your wedding.
- Like S'mores?? Make a s'mores kit in a vintage-y jar or mason jar, paint with individual guests'
name or just tie together with some straw :)
- Bottle some of your favorite fizzy drink or homead lemonade, and label it with your
personal wedding signature. Place it out in a cute carrier for guests to grab during the ceremony!
- Cake pops OR marshmallow pops?! Adds a colorful tasty element to your guests' tables, or display on
the dessert table during the reception.
- Bubbles instead of rice? Package it int in a cute sterling silver case and tie bright colorful bubble wands.
- (My personal favorite!) If your'e a coffee drinker OR a tea drinker, create a mug stand and collect
vintage or antique mugs for your guests to take home!
- Plants as place settings or plants as wedding favors! (or both!)
- Strawberry cheesecake in a jar. YUM.
Top, Left to Right: JCrew, Zara, ASOS, BHLDN
Bottom, Left to Right: BHLDN, ASOS, Zara, JCrew
Get some Bridal Inspiration with these 8 affordable looks:
- If your wedding is in the winter, try a long grecian look
- Pleats and drapes can add an element of interest
- Vibrant jewel tones create a wonderful backdrop to a white/cream wedding gown
- Lace adds a feminine and wintery touch
- Choose a print for the playful bridal party
- OR let your bridesmaids choose different styles in the same shade
It's fall wedding season!
1. This season is all about bold lips OR bold eyes, especially now that weddings are happening in the evening.
2. If you have a color theme to your wedding, apply a little bit of the same color shade to your eyes, either on the lid or below the lid.
3. If your wedding is at night, try more sparkle to the inner eye and apply a darker kohl shade to your eyes.
4. If it's in the day, try a more natural look with browns and greens on your eye, but with warmer tones, and definitely play up your rosy cheeks!
5. And if you're at loss, RED LIPS are always a good bet. THIS color looks good on EVERYONE and since it's a pencil matte,
you won't have to worry about it coming off or uneven application.
1. ABS by Allen Schwartz Strapless Rosette Gown, $412.50 (originally $550), available at Lord & Taylor
2. Long white silk dress by BCBGMAXAZRIA, $348, available at Lord & Taylor
3. Rendezvous Gown, $500, available at Amanda Archer
4. Textured strapless dress, $498, available at Elise Bergman.
5. Taryn Gown, $495, available at J.Crew
For your summer wedding, combat the humidity by adding volume and texture to your wedding chignon or bun. Even add a modern twist to your simple up-do by pinning in a sparkling accessory. These easy styles last all day (and night!) and don't require the help of a professional hair stylist.
Tip: If your hair is super straight, use a large barrel curling iron to add loose waves for texture and volume. Spray with extra hold hairspray.
If your hair is extra curly, use a large barrel curling iron as well, but before you apply the waves, spray in some detangler spray or de-frizzing spray. Products like Tresemme or John Freida have lesser expensive options than the pricier salon products.
Accessories are from BHLDN.